Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization
Discover the importance of effective search engine optimization, and learn how SEO copy writing services can help your organization attract and motivate clients.
Is your business easy to find online?
Your answer could determine the number of leads you are getting.
Imagine that the success of your business marketing depends on your ability to climb a mountain. The higher you climb above your competition, the easier it is for consumers to see your products and services.
The same is true in the digital world; if your website isn’t easily visible at the top of search engine results, prospective clients simply can’t find your business — and you could be missing out on leads as a result.
Because most consumers today use search engines to find the products, services and information they need, it is important to be ranked highly in search engine results. If consumers can’t find you, they will simply choose to buy the products, use the services or work with the businesses that they can.
Consider the following:
- Fact: Most users don’t look beyond the first page of search results before modifying their search.
- Fact: A site must be optimized properly to rank above the competitors and appear on the first page of search results.
- Fact: Being ranked on the second page of the search results or beyond yields very few customers.
Knowing these facts, the question you must ask yourself is: How do I get my page ranking on the first page?
The answer: search engine optimization.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of writing content and building a website in a way that maximizes the number of potential clients who visit that site. SEO allows your website to steadily climb in the organic (unpaid) listings for the keywords prospective clients search for.
Organic search engine optimization is the only digital marketing service that serves three essential functions:
By following certain SEO guidelines, you will have a better chance of being found on all of the major search engines in their “organic rankings,” or non-paid ads. By ranking well in the organic listings, you are essentially receiving free advertising for your brand or business.
Acquiring website visitors through SEO or PPC is one thing, but keeping them on your site is another challenge in itself. Effective search engine optimization isn’t just about the search engines — it’s also about the visitor. Website copy must be engaging, informative, and relevant to their reason for clicking on your website in the first place.
Your website’s content should not only be informative but also persuasive, always trying to funnel visitors toward your goal.
However, not all SEO services are created equal. If you want to take your business to extraordinary new heights, you need extraordinary SEO services.
How Does Search Engine Optimization Work?
Let’s return to our mountain-climbing analogy. You know you need to climb higher than your competition, but how? You have many options — you can do it yourself, or hire a guide to help you find your way to the top. Each option can be successful, but at what cost to you?
How much will you spend on unnecessary climbing gear — or ineffective SEO marketing methods? Will one guide help you find a shortcut, but with a less incredible view? Will your marketing company save you some money, but offer less impressive rankings?
When choosing a media company, you want the best mountain-climbing guide money can buy. Indikon carves a clear path for our clients to succeed in the search engine rankings by offering a full range of exceptional and focused marketing services. We don’t waste your time or money offering you services that you don’t need; our approach is specifically tailored to you and your success.
Every ordinary search engine optimization company may provide these three basic steps of the SEO process:
1. Keyword Analysis: SEO copywriting begins with a search engine optimization specialist generating a list of the most relevant and important keywords for your business and industry.
2. Keyword Assignment: Using this list of keywords, SEO specialists strategically plan content and assign relevant keywords to each article.
3. SEO Writing: The new content will be written based on the SEO strategies and keywords collected.
Steps four and five are what separate the ordinary from the extraordinary. Read below.
Step 4: On-Site SEO
Let’s imagine you are a divorce attorney who lives in Arizona. You want your site to come up on the first page for the search term “Arizona divorce attorney.” The question is: who writes the content on your “Arizona divorce attorney” page?
Ordinary companies have the client write the content for a specific term.
Extraordinary companies have their expert writers develop the content on behalf of or along with the client.
You may be surprised to know that writing web content is much more involved than simply sitting at a computer and hammering out text. SEO copywriting isn’t just about writing an article to include the term “Arizona divorce attorney” — it is understanding, and writing the content to comply with, more than 50 different factors necessary for your page to rank well for that search term.
Ordinary companies often fail to complete this step because…
- …they miss crucial ranking factors. Being unaware of even one or two factors can be the difference between SEO success and failure.
- …their clients often aren’t writers — and even if they are, writing takes away from their main job focus. Clear, concise, persuasive content could be the difference between a visitor reading on or bouncing from a website.
- …they often aren’t able to devote significant resources to several terms, which is necessary to get the overall website to climb in the search results. In short, their online presence never really gets off the ground.
Equipped with our in-depth keyword research and knowledge of SEO ranking factors, Indikon copywriters work closely with our clients to ensure we are speaking in the most effective manner to their target audience.
Step 5: Internal and External Linking
Effective search engine optimization goes beyond the content on the page. It’s also important to link to other, related articles on the same topic.
Ordinary companies often don’t offer this service.
Extraordinary companies know that Google is looking for links to related content beyond your own article.
Continuing with the Arizona divorce attorney example, it is important to link to other articles related to the term “Arizona divorce attorney” — both within the attorney’s own website and with other relevant sites that offer valuable information. For example, a user who searches the term “Arizona divorce attorney” may really be looking to calculate their Arizona child support obligation and want a link to that resource.
Extraordinary companies realize that it is vital to link to several related articles within the site, as well as to external sites that provide valuable content. This is essential to search engines like Google realizing that your article has merit beyond itself.
Think of it this way: Google wants to rank sites that help users find the information, products or services they are looking for. A general article may be where they start, but usually, consumers are looking for something deeper or perhaps want services you don’t offer. If you provide a solution, Google will rank your site higher.
Indikon’s SEO Services
At Indikon, we go beyond the ordinary to provide you with proven SEO services tailored to your individual business and industry. Our in-house, professional SEO copywriters help your website reach new heights by:
- personally getting to know you and your business in order to tailor your content specifically to your goals and services.
- attracting organic traffic — and prospective leads — to your website.
- targeting hundreds of lead-generating keywords that are relevant to your business and industry.
- providing ongoing content to keep your website “active.”
- ensuring your website complies with more than 50 different factors necessary for your page to rank well.
- increasing your website’s conversion rate, turning visitors into leads.
Our search engine optimization experts regularly produce the following types of content, all using SEO best practices:
- Landing pages
- Supporting articles
- Product and service descriptions
- Blog articles and maintenance
- Google PPC ads
- Social media posts
- News articles
- Feature articles
- And more
SEO writing is a fluid process. Once we have gotten to know you and your business, identified the most important keywords in your industry, and written top-quality content, we will continue to track the progress of your website and each individual page’s performance, evolving our strategy as necessary to get the desired results. With our tried-and-tested approach, our clients climb higher than the competition, achieving long-term success.
To learn more about how extraordinary SEO marketing can dramatically improve your website’s performance, contact Indikon today.