The Value of SEO Content
The Value of SEO Content
At Indikon, SEO isn’t a separate service — it’s the strategy behind everything we do. Learn more about the SEO value included in all of our content writing services and what it could mean for your business.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of creating a website in a way that maximizes the number of potential clients who visit that site. SEO is a content-writing and website-building strategy that allows your website to steadily climb in the organic (unpaid) listings for the keywords your prospective clients search for.
Some media companies hype SEO as its own service separate from content writing and web development/hosting. But at Indikon, SEO isn’t a separate service — it’s the strategy behind everything we do.
What’s Included in the SEO Copywriting Process
When you purchase content from Indikon, you are purchasing content that is optimized for search engines to improve your website’s chances of ranking. The following is included in our content-writing services:
- Sitemap creation: We develop a proposed sitemap for articles on your website and make changes based on your services and needs.
- Keyword research: SEO copywriting begins with developing a list of the most relevant and important keywords for your business. Over the years, Indikon has developed a list of thousands of keywords specific to the adoption industry. These include:
- High-traffic keywords gathered through organic research (adoption-related keywords that are typed in often)
- Long-tail keywords gathered through paid advertising (longer keyword phrases that are not typed in as often, but may have a higher conversion rate)
- Customized content: The assigned writer will conduct an interview with you (or someone at your business) to better understand your specific practice, the adoption laws in your state, etc. This will help them to tailor your content to your specific audience.
- Optimization of existing content: The writer will optimize existing articles on your website by adding length, employing a linking strategy, and adding keywords where needed. They will also update title tags, meta descriptions, etc., as needed.
- New optimized content: The writer will create new articles following the same SEO best practices.
- Content review: The writer will send all content to you (or the designated point of contact at your business) with keywords highlighted so you can review and make edits as necessary.
- Content implementation: Once all of the content has been approved, Indikon will post it to your site. If you are purchasing content only and working with another media company to host and maintain your site, we will send all content and the new sitemap to the other media company and communicate with them as needed to get the content implemented.
- Tracking:Once content is posted, Indikon will track your website’s search engine rankings using our SEO tools.
Understanding SEO Ranking Factors
As we said, SEO isn’t a separate media service — it’s a strategy that should be applied to all of your media services. There are many different factors that can impact your website’s ranking in search engines, and the copywriters at Indikon understand these factors.
- Page length – longer articles tend to rank better
- Keyword integration – which keywords you use and where they appear in your content matters
- Linking – content will include links to internal pages on your site as well as links to external websites that rank for the keywords you’re targeting (this signifies to search engines that your content is relevant to the targeted keywords)
- Metadata – all of our content includes suggested URLs, title tags and meta descriptions that are optimized with keywords to help your page rank
- Content organization – a well-organized sitemap with a clear hierarchical structure can improve your site’s rankings
- User-friendly formatting – the user comes first, and content should be clear and easy-to-read with subheadings, bullet points, numbered lists, etc.
These are a few of the SEO ranking factors that we optimize for in every piece of content we write. Of course, there are other SEO ranking factors that must be handled on the backend by the media team providing web hosting and maintenance services (including things like site speed).
SEO is a long-term strategy. Once optimized articles are added to your website, it can take several months for search engines to begin crawling, indexing and recognizing this content. On average, clients can expect to start seeing results 6-12 months after their content is posted.